Common App is accepting applications!
It’s August 1st, which means the Common App is live and accepting applications for the Academic Year 2024-25.
You can apply to USC Viterbi School of Engineering online through the Common App. First, you will need to set up your profile and then you can select the institutions you are interested in applying to.
After adding USC to your list of schools, you will be prompted to select a major. USC Viterbi only considers applications that have selected a Viterbi School major as their first choice major. We will not consider applications that have a Viterbi School major listed as their second option. All Viterbi majors will be prepended with “VSE”.
Once you have selected a Viterbi School major, it will automatically prompt two short answer questions (yes they are short… only 250 word responses). These questions are aimed to get a better idea of why you might fit into our program.
Be mindful of dates and deadlines as they come quickly!
Application Deadlines for Fall 2024
First-Year Applicants are still in high school, or you have not enrolled in college since leaving high school. You are considered a transfer applicant if you have enrolled in college since leaving high school.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
- Early Action (EA) is non-binding, and non-restrictive. If you would like to be considered for merit-based scholarships (Presidential, Trustee, Deans), you must apply to USC by the EA deadline.
- Applicants selecting Early Action will be notified of their admission or deferral to Regular Decision in mid- to late January 2024.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
- You must submit your application before 11:59 in your time zone. This is the absolute, final deadline to apply for admission as a first-year applicant.
- Applicants selecting or deferring to Regular Decision will be notified of a decision by April 1, 2024.
You are considered a transfer applicant if you have enrolled in college since leaving high school. There is only Regular Decision for our transfer applicants.
Regular Decision (Transfer)
Application Deadline: February 15, 2024
- This is the final deadline for all transfer applicants. Transfer candidates will receive either an admission decision or a request for spring grades by later May. If you receive a request for spring grades, you will be notified of an admission decision by mid-July, 2024.
Keep in Mind…
- Applying early will not increase your chances of admission. Take your time and make sure your application is just how you want it.
- To apply to USC Viterbi, all you need to do is put one of the Viterbi majors as your first choice on the USC Writing Supplement. You do not need to submit anything extra.
- All of our majors are as equally competitive to get in to. Therefore, pick what interests you.
- You are never locked in. Flexibility is built in for your success… you can change your mind, no problem!
- There are no tricks in the application. Don’t over think it, we are trying to get to know you and determine if you are the right fit for our program.