It’s October which means you are likely buckling down and working on your college applications. We know completing college apps is a lot of work and we want the USC application process to go as smoothly as possible. Below is a list of answers to your USC application FAQs.
- If I complete the Common Application and the USC Writing Supplement by December 1st – Do I need to do anything extra to apply for engineering?
NO. To be considered for admission to engineering you just need to submit the Common Application & the USC Writing Supplement and list one of the Engineering disciplines as your First Choice Major – that’s it. There is NO engineering application to complete or any extra material you need to send in.
- Do I need to submit SAT Subject Test Scores?
No. We really don’t require the submission of extra materials.
- What if my Test Scores, School Report/Letter of Recommendation, or Transcripts arrive after the deadline?
THAT IS OK. The deadline you need to meet is completing the online application. The supporting materials can arrive (soon) after the deadline. But make sure we get them very soon. If we start to read the application and it is missing information, there isn’t much we can do.
- How do I confirm receipt of application materials such as SAT scores, transcripts, etc.?
Starting in late-October, you can log in to you.usc.edu to check your application status. Keep in mind, it may take two to four business days, from the date we receive the documents, to appear in your file.
- I submitted my application but did not list Engineering as my first choice major… But I really am considering engineering – can I change it?
YES – we just need an email stating what you listed as your first choice major, and what you would like it changed to. Please be sure to include your full name and USCID. But keep in mind that this must be done as soon as possible in order for us to consider your application.
- If I complete my application by December 1st, does this mean I have applied for Financial Aid?
NO – By submitting the Common Application & USC Writing Supplement by December 1st you will be automatically considered for the top, merit-based scholarships at USC. Note that there are some scholarships listed here that have separate applications and/or deadlines.
Now that you are done with your application your next step is to complete the Financial Aid application process to be considered for need-based Financial Aid. Instructions and the link to the applications are listed here. In addition, you may want to search for even more scholarships to which you can apply.
- If I miss the December 1st Deadline, can I still apply?
YES – the Final Application Deadline is January 15, 2015.
We’re here to help you. If you have any questions about the application process, please call us at (213) 740-4530 (M-F, 8:30 am – 5 pm PST), or email at email@example.com.
If you experience technical difficulties with the Common Application, please contact the Common App Support Team for 24-hour support.
Good luck with your application!