The deadline for first-year applicants who would like to be considered for a merit scholarship is Tuesday, December 1, 2020, by 11:59pm*! You must submit your application by this time to be considered for a merit-based scholarship!
*The CommonApp is set to U.S. Eastern Time, so do not worry if your confirmation time stamp is on December 2nd even though you turned it in on December 1st. Just make sure you get your app in by December 1st by 11:59pm for your time zone.
Hmmm. Convince me
Our merit scholarships can provide you with a substantial amount of money to help fund your education and/or research interests, ranging from a few hundred dollars at the smallest end, all the way up to quarter-, half-, and full-tuition awards. Everyone who applies by December 1st, 2020 will have their application reviewed for merit scholarship consideration. You do not have to be a U.S. Citizen, and you do not need to qualify for any need-based aid.
The only thing due by the December 1st deadline is the Common Application with the USC Writing Supplement. As long as you completed these items, your application has been received.
Don’t worry if your transcripts or letters of recommendation have not arrived by the December 1st deadline. We understand that you have little control over that, just make sure you get them in as soon as you can so we can review your application!
If you are considering engineering or computer science for your major at USC, make sure you list one of our engineering majors as your first choice major on the application. Listing it as your first choice major will make sure you are considered for admission to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
USC Viterbi Engineering Disciplines include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Any of the emphasis programs within these disciplines count as well! Also, you have the option to apply with Undeclared Engineering as your first-choice major, but keep in mind that you’ll eventually have to choose one of the disciplines listed above if you are admitted.
- Learn more about our application process at viterbiadmission.usc.edu/apply.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with any part of our process, please let me or one of our admission staff members know. You can call us at (213) 600-9919, email us at email@example.com, or use our chat feature near the bottom of the page.
- Visit our Blog Page for any other questions you may have.
- If you are having technical difficulties with the Common App, contact their 24 hour support services.
Can’t wait to see your applications in very soon!
PS – if you haven’t seen this already, our Viterbi Admission AMA has some answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.